Cherry tomato and parmesan frittata
- 2 tsp/ 10ml olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 125g/ 4oz cherry tomatoes, halved 4 large British Lion eggs
- 1 tablespoon / 15ml fresh herbs, e.g. parsley, chives or thyme (or 1 teaspoon/ 5ml driedherbs)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g/1oz grated Parmesan
- Place the oil, onion, garlic, peppers, tomatoes in a micro-proof dish. Cover with an upturned plate and cook on HIGH for 3 mins. Beat the eggs with 30ml/2tbsp water, the herbs and seasoning. Stir the vegetables, then add the eggs, cover with an upturned micro-proof plate and cook on HIGH for 1 min 30 secs. Stir well, pushing the cooked egg into the middle of the dish, shake to level. Cover with the plate and cook on HIGH for a further 2 mins. Leave to stand for 3 mins. Scatter over the Parmesan shavings.
- Serve in wedges, hot or cold, with a simple rocket salad and crusty bread.
Cooks tip: Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the frittata and pop under a hot grill for a few minutes until the top is golden.
Nutrition (per portion) :
311Calories; 22g protein; 21g fat; 6g saturated fat; 12g carbohydrate; 10g total sugars; 3g fibre; 0.7g salt