sweet potato spanish tortilla
- 1 small sweet potato (175g), peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon/15ml olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- Cook the sweet potato in a small pan of boiling water for 5 - 6 minutes until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry the onion over a medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes or until softened. Add the sweet potato and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Pour in the eggs and cook for 1 - 2 minutes until the egg starts to set. Transfer to the grill and cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until the top of the tortilla is golden and the tortilla is cooked through.
- Slide the tortilla onto a plate and cut into wedges. Serve with a simple salad.
Nutrition (per portion) :
447 Calories; 18g protein; 25g fat; 5g saturated fat; 42g carbohydrate; 13g total sugars; 5g fibre; 0.6g salt