Toasted bagel with spinach and eggs
- 60g/2oz baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon/5ml water
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 wholemeal bagel cut in half, toasted
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- 2 tablespoons/30ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon/5ml butter or margarine
- Place the spinach and nutmeg in a pan over a medium heat, cover and shake well. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the spinach has wilted. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain off any excess liquid.
- For the scrambled eggs, beat the eggs and milk together with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut the bagel in half horizontally. Place cut side up on a baking sheet and toast under a hot grill until golden. Set aside.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a non-stick pan, pour in the eggs and cook over a low heat for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, until most of the egg is set. Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir for a further 30seconds.
- To serve, place the toasted bagels on a plate. Spoon over the spinach and then top with the scrambled eggs
Nutrition (per portion) :
441 Calories; 25g protein; 18g fat; 5g saturated fat; 43g carbohydrate; 6g total sugars; 5g fibre; 1.2g salt